‘Gastromixology Sessions’ by Gin Mare aims to unite gastronomy and cocktails under one concept by selecting and inviting ten of Bangkok’s top tier of restaurants to express their interpretation and vision of the Mediterranean in a food and cocktail pairing under concept "Mare Nostrum”, which represents the Brand Values of “Lifestyle, gastronomy, climate and the unique feeling of escape” using Gin Mare as the highlight ingredient in the food and beverage pairing creation. During the period of December 3 to December 23, 2018 contestants will showcase their creations at their respective restaurants for the panel of judges to visit and taste, as well as commercial sales for broader audiences.
• Eat Me Restaurant, Modern International & Regional
• Marcel, French and tapas bars
• Odtomato, modern Australian dining
• Oskar Bistro Bangkok, Mediterranean-inspired multi-cuisine
• Q&A Bar, Speakeasy Cocktail bar
• SALT AREE, Fine Dining Asian Fusion
• Scarlett Bangkok, Authentic French Cuisine, Wine Bar, and Steakhouse
• Sky on 20, Rooftop with cocktails, craft beers, wines and tapas.
• The Bar Upstairs, Casual French dining and wine bar
• Vertigo/Moon Bar, Rooftop Al Fresco dining
Upon the completion of the timeline, the winning contestant will be announced, and there will be an award ceremony in which participants will introduce their pairings.
The panel of judges which include; Chef Andy Yang Michelin Star New York 2010 and Bib Gourmand Bangkok 2019, Sven Van Coillie from Gault & Millau Belux, Kanokwan Asawanuchit from Fashion On Food by Ching and owner ‘Rod-Saneh’ restaurant, the gin master of Thailand and owner of ‘Teens of Thailand’ gin bar Niks Anuman-Rajadhon and Enzo Comes, Gin Mare Global Brand Ambassador will score the pairings based on the following criteria: Inspiration, explanation, presentation, appearance, flavor, aroma, harmony of the ingredients and final result of the pairing. The prize will be a trip to attend the Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants that will be held in Macau, where Gin Mare is the official gin partner.