Comprising three sides of a square, Sathorn Soi 10 and 12 is one of Bangkok’s most cosmopolitan dining-out areas, with almost 20 modern restaurants covering a wide range of cuisines, including French, Italian, New Zealand, Japanese and several excellent regional Thai outlets.
Most restaurants have reserved though limited parking spaces, but with easy access to the BTS Chong Nongsi station via a small alley next to the Mahanakorn building, many people take the train. This is especially convenient early evening when the main Sathorn Road and Silom Road, which flank this area, can get extremely busy.
It’s a great place to stroll on a Sunday when the traffic disappears. The ambiance is almost Greenwich Village, if you let your imagination wander.
• Café Inn – Pleasant coffee shop, right next to alley connecting to Chong Nongsi BTS station.
• Supanniga – Thai Eastern and Isaan cuisine.
• The Running Dog – Japanese style dog-friendly cafe.
• PlaaGut – Southern Thai specialties, linked to the Running Dog café.
• Revolucion Cocktail Bar Bangkok – Famed for its cocktails and Salsa dance club.
• Another Cup – Great for breakfast and cosmopolitan set lunches.
• Sorrento – Serving contemporary and classic Italian, European dishes.
• Ryunabe – Hotpot restaurant serving Cantonese-Japanese fare.
• Blue Parrot – A genuine oasis with swimming pool and kids play area, for lunch and dinner.
• Marcel – Relaxed French bistro.
• Di Farina Pizza – Big selection of wood-fired, thin-crust pizzas.
• Rocket – Swedish-influenced coffee shop with interesting variety of mostly western dishes.
• Kai – Serving modern New Zealand fare using imported ingredients.
• Café des Stagiaires – French cuisine plus Thai favorites
• Bunker – The area’s hot spot headed by top Thai and French chefs.
• Charm Eatery & Bar – Homemade Thai dishes.