Chef Chumpol promises a Thai dining experience of the highest quality in a beautiful restaurant with ‘social distancing’ between tables
Bangkok is now recognized as a genuine international city, yet surprisingly there’s only a handful of truly elegant and sophisticated Thai restaurants that live up to this global stature.
One of those is R-HANN, a Thai fine dining restaurant on Thonglor (Sukhumvit 55) whose excellence has caught the attention of the world with a two-star rating by Michelin. That’s an incredible achievement given that this beautiful venue has only been open for two years. It also speaks volumes of its overall excellence.
R-HAAN was founded by Piti Bhirombhakdi and his business partner, Chumpol Jangprai, a talented chef who has spent his entire career perfecting the art of Thai cooking.
Chef Chumpol is passionate about his work and together with his team is committed to the sourcing and selection of the freshest and finest of ingredients. Through skillful preparation, clever seasoning and time-honored cooking methods, these ingredients are transformed into superlative culinary creations. Add in the immaculate presentation of each dish, plus service that’s friendly and attentive but never intrusive, and the net result is a remarkable dining experience with food that Chef Chumpol describes so eloquently as the “Wisdom of Thai Cuisine.”
Right now, Chef Chumpol is welcoming the mid-year season with his Summer ‘Samrub’ – a traditional tasting menu comprising of eight courses that represent Thai fine dining at its very best. It’s definitely an occasion not to be missed.
This time of the year brings forth a bounty of colourful and exotic foods from the different regions of Thailand. These include Thai herbs promoting good health, which are particularly abundant during the summer months and are used extensively throughout the Royal Thai Cuisine served at R-HAAN.
Chef Chumpol’s summer samrub utilies recipes that follow the basic tenets of Thai cooking. These consist of the five senses: shape, taste, smell, sound and feel. And that’s not all. These are combined with eight key flavours: sour, sweet, creamy, salty, bitter, spicy, zesty and astringent. The result is simply sensational.
“Our summer samrub is a ‘Symphony of Thai Taste’ featuring a bounty of rich and memorable flavours of the season,” explains Chef Chumpol. “It’s the perfect introduction to the Thai culture for local as well as overseas diners.”
R-HAAN’s spectacular main dining area is elegantly furnished and spacious, creating an ambiance that’s both warm and sophisticated. In accordance with current health regulations, the restaurant is imposing “social distancing’ between tables
Diners can enjoy their choice of appetizer, followed by six meticulously prepared and presented main courses, with a selection of desserts to complete a superb dining experience. Wine pairing is available and includes some remarkable wines.
Each dish is served on ceramic bowls and dishes that have been painstakingly hand-painted as replicas of the tableware that graced the Royal Palace dining tables during the Rattanakosin era.
Daily from 18.00-23.00 hrs.
Call : 095-141-5524 , 064-194-6416
Email : email@example.com
• Sing Buri Triple Cooked Sun Dried River Fish Mixed with Sugar and Deep Fried Shallots served with Watermelon
• MA HOR: Fresh “Hom Suwan” Pineapple Morsel topped with Minced Pork and Peanut
• Traditional Siam Ruby Pomelo Salad from Nakhon Si Thammarat
• Fish Noodle Pad Thai wrapped with Gotu Kola Leaf
• 18 Months Fermented Fish and Thai Herbs Baked with Cheese served with Homemade Prawn Crackers
• 30 Days Dry Aged Buriram Angus Beef grilled with Salt, Fish Sauce, Black Pepper and “Hua Rua” Bird's Eye Chili Sauce
• Traditional Tom Yum Soup with King River Prawns and Fresh Thai Herbs
• Betong Chicken Consommé with Turmeric
• Ancient Thai Copper Pod Curry “Kaeng Khe Lhek” with Sea Grouper
• Korat Wagyu Beef Short Rib Green Curry and Fresh Chili
• Spicy Mango Chili Paste and Grilled Shrimp with Smoked Coconut
• 18 Months Spicy Roasted Fish Paste served with Fried Sun-Dried Grouper with Ban Dung Fleur
• Stir-Fried Wild Boar with Spicy Curry and Chanthaburi Cardamom Shoots
• Aromatic Organic Jasmin Rice and Ubon Ratchathani Germinated Brown Rice
• Egg Custard with 110 Days- Harvested Esarn Pumpkin
• Lampoon Black Garlic and Fresh Milk Ice Cream
• Roasted Mango Sticky Rice with Banana Leaf served with Mahachanok Ok Rong Mango Sauce