Designed on the concept “Seven Wonders of Blessings” and taking place on December 31, 2019 at River Park, ICONSIAM on the banks of the historical Chao Phraya River – an important travel destination and an exceptional landmark with a worldwide reputation – the event celebrates New Year’s Eve and welcomes the beginning of another year. Socially prominent celebrities have seen to check out the plans of New Year countdown 2020 celebrations namely, ML. Oradis Sanitwong, Sopidnapa Chumpani, Oliver Kittipong Veerataecha, Surat Leelataviwat, Supapan and Natapree Pichaironarongsongkram, Sangravee Kositpaisal, Vichien Paemanukornrak, Duangrit Bunnag, Saran Wanglee, Thiranan Chuangpichit, Linda Cheng, Geoffrey Webb, Arlada Jumsai na Ayudhya, Thanita Taminee Jirathateep, as well as famous teen actor and actress; Thiti “Bank” Mahayotarak and Nichaphat “Praewa” Chatchaipolrat.
Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, governor of Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) says of the Amazing Thailand Countdown 2020: “This celebration of New Year’s Eve and New Year is one of the biggest events marking the end of the year and one which TAT organizes every year in various destinations in Thailand to promote the travel industry, boost the economy and generate income during the festive
period as a gift to the Thai people. This year TAT is organizing the celebrations in Bangkok and six provinces namely Ratchaburi, Chiang Rai, Phatthalung, Kalasin, Sa Kaeo, and Lopburi.
For Bangkok, TAT is delighted to collaborate with ICONSIAM as well as partners along both sides of the Chao Phraya River for the world class celebration “Amazing Thailand Countdown 2020” on December 31 at River Park, ICONSIAM, this event will create a joyful atmosphere and valuable income for Thai tourism industry, which is expected more than 500 million Baht. We are also confident that the Amazing Thailand Countdown 2020 at River Park, ICONSIAM will play a major role in achieving our goal of making this country a world-class destination.”
Mr. Supoj Chaiwatsirikul, Managing Director of ICONSIAM Company Limited, adds that the countdown event is part of ICONSIAM’s mission to make the historical Chao Phraya River known all over the world. “To present the Chao Phraya river as a leading destination and a famous national landmark for the Global Countdown Destination, we are proud to have organized the “Amazing Thailand Countdown 2019” with TAT and other partners on the concept ‘Seven Wonders of Blessings’ on December 31 at River Park, ICONSIAM. The area will be decorated with fascinating and dazzling lights along the river. To bring happiness to Thais and foreign tourists, we will host spectacular entertainment with truly magnificent arts and cultural performances. The highlight is the fireworks show made of Thai sticky rice – an innovative and sustainable firework from Japan, which is also eco-friendly. It will be set up along the river over 1,400 meters. It is expected that within 2 kilometers of the venue, more than one million viewers will watch the magnificent fireworks. Specially for this year, apart from the event area at the River Park, we open the new area to watch the fireworks at the 7th floor of ICONSIAM. Viewers can also watch from Chaloem Phrakiat Park, Sathorn Pier, Wat Suwan Pier, Royal Thai Marine Sub-Division 2, CAT Bangrak, Klongsan Pier, Holy Rosary Church, and Sampheng carpark, including the partners’s venue such as Charoenkrung Creative District, Lhong 1919, Asiatique The Riverfront, The Mandarin Oriental Bangkok, The Peninsula Bangkok, The Royal Orchid Sheraton, The Millennium Hilton Bangkok, and The Shangri-La Bangkok.”
- 1st – The Glory: begins with golden showers of fireworks representing the glorious victory over the land and water and telling the world that this is the golden land blessed by the reigns of Thai Kings until the present time.
- 2nd – Health Giving: wishes the King a long life. The fireworks blast up into the sky and expand like a big tree spreading out its branches. This represents the loving kindness of His Majesty the King towards Thai people.
- 3rd – Way up High: points to the moral glorification of the religion. The fireworks that light up the sky can be compared to the enlightenment that leads the way to a peaceful life.
- 4th – Joy to the World: felicity and peace. Colourful fireworks in thin and big lines spread through the sky with joy of happiness, representing the contentment of people at leading a happy life in this peaceful land.
- 5th – Diamond in the Sky: wealth and the national resource called Suvarnabhumi – the land of abundance. The fireworks are like diamond flashes that scatter over the sky, resembling seeds that have been spread and will soon grow.
- 6th - Lucky Star: fortune and harmony. Small and large fireworks in various colours light up the sky on the New Year’s Eve and welcome the New Year as if bringing an auspicious blessing to the Thai people as well as their everlasting happiness.
- 7th – Power of Love: divinity to protect the country. The red fireworks represent the power of love, care, and protection that will prevent the water from allowing evil to step on land.
Public and private organizations including the Marine Department, Chao Phraya Express Boat Ltd, will provide services, various modes of transport and other facilities for visitors. Chareonkrung Creative District, Sino Port Ltd (Lhong 1919), Asiatique The Riverfront Bangkok, and hotels along both sides of the Chao Phraya River will organize the countdown activities such as amazing performances, light and sound extravaganzas, and plenty of entertainment. The area along Chao Phraya river will be filled with beautiful decorative lights throughout the festive New Year’s Eve and New Year celebration.