1.Does Phuket still remain a desirable destination for purchasing vacation homes?
- Minor International is still bullish about Phuket.
- We continue to see a lot of interest from buyers looking to purchase second/holiday homes, especially in the luxury segment.
- The trends that began during the pandemic – including remote working, preference towards landed properties, and interest in resort branded residential projects – do not seem to have abated.
- With demand as high as it is now, property prices also continue to increase. Augmented by a strong history of land and villa capital appreciation in Phuket, this ensures good short- and long-term returns to those investing in this segment.
- Phuket remains one of the region’s most competitive real estate markets. In addition to international-standard healthcare and education, a mature hospitality market catering to all travel segments and a myriad of leisure activities, the province is committing significant investment on road, rail and air infrastructure in anticipation of future growth, which makes Phuket even more attractive as a place to live and work.